Tuesday 31 March 2020

28 Days Later - Day Six.

Day six dawned clear and sunny. Despite this, the icons on my tablet, phone, and Chromecast all insisted it was definitely raining... right now... right this instant... all day long. It goes to show that just because there is a consensus, doesn't mean it is right, and the sun steadfastly ignored the prevailing views on the weather, for the entire day. 

As I typed up the Day Five post, I pondered on my decided lack of productivity. I just didn't seem to be getting as much done as usual. And then it dawned on me - a huge chunk of my time was now being taken up blogging. Sacrifices had been made, not the least of which was my morning procrastination game of Age of Empires. The small blue army of cavemen no longer hefted their spiky clubs and marched across the land to beat the poop out of the green guys and set fire to their huts. 
Kudos to those who do this every day, day in and day out. You have my utmost respect. I could see the challenges of this 28-day task I had committed to, mounting. Doing this in even the best of times would be mammoth, but keeping up a daily log when you are locked inside... on your own... day after day... not going anywhere... not really doing anything... If it weren't for the dog, I would probably be looking for a soccer ball to draw a face on right about now. Where were the zombies when you needed them.

The daily garden tour was encouraging. The carrots, spinach, leeks, shallots, and Spanish onions were all pushing through. After that, it was the daily housekeeping chores, then a fossick  through the fridge. I wasn't looking forward to a fourth day of the chicken masala, and froze what was left in meal size portions.
All the fixings for a nice ratatouille were there. There was also the last of some feta, a little cream cheese left over from something else, and some regular cheese. Hmmm... if I added a few anchovies and some passata to the ratatouille, it would make a very passable chunky pasta sauce. So the rest of the day was spent making pasta sauce and 3-cheese filled raviolis,starting with making the pasta dough from scratch.



Four of these big raviolis makes a full meal, so once it was all done, I set aside four, put the rest in the freezer, and put a pan of salted water on to boil.
As evening fell, it was time to settle in for knitting and TV. I browsed through Netflix, then through my DVD collection, and eventually spied the Resident Evil series. Having seen and loved the first four, I had bought the collection of six movies several years ago, but had never gotten around to watching the last two. However, having just said I was going to cut down on the number of zombie flicks I watched, I figured it was too soon to binge watch all six of those, so decided to go with Scrubs on TVNZ On Demand. The full series had just come available.
I would wait until next week to binge watch Resident Evil. Yup, a week was a respectable length of time.

Goodnight all. Stay safe, and stay well.







2 comments:

  1. Dana, thanks for taking the time and making the effort to do this blog. We're all in this together, in far flung places. Here in Grand Junction, Colorado, USA, we're seeing spring inch towards us. Fruit trees are blooming and weeds are poking through every inch of ground they can find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet! Thank you for taking the time to comment. It is really nice to know people are reading and enjoying these posts. I hope things in Colorado are a lot better than what I'm seeing in the news for other places in the US. Stay safe.

      Delete