Sunday 29 March 2020

28 Days Later - Day Four

With the dawning of Day Four, the sun made a brief play for dominance before being overwhelmed by the massing dark clouds, but by mid-morning it made a valiant comeback, and blue skies prevailed.

This morning I actually got into my planned morning routine, even managing the morning meditation - a much needed break from a recalcitrant mind that spends much of its time racing around like a three year old that has had WAY too much sugar! For some time I have been thinking that adding an exercise routine to the day would be really good, and at the moment Les Mills is doing a free exercise class Mon - Fri on TV. So with that in mind, I set my alarm for 9am to remind me, and will give it go tomorrow.

With only a light breeze outside, I decided it would be good to sit in the garden and get in that knitting that got push aside last night in favour of a questionable movie choice. After a brief tussle with the dog for the cushie chair in the sun, Molly settled for a folded blanket on the ground, and the dog bikkie bribe that went with it. The warmth of the sun, chirping of the birds, and beauty of the garden were wonderfully relaxing. Every now and then, the smell of a strange combination of incense and bacon wafted by. Mmmm..... bacon.


View from the cushie chair

The stern warnings on the news about yesterday's shenanigans went largely unheeded by those who have been ignoring the lockdown so far. The same unsupervised kids were out hooning on their bikes, as were the ones playing ball out in the street yesterday, and an old guy on a scooter was making his usual Sunday rounds, going up driveways trying (unsuccessfully, so far) to visit various people he knew in the area. 
Otherwise though, neighbours were checking in with each other over the fence keeping a respectable distance, or conversing with each other from across the street, everyone making sure everyone was alright. The usual Sunday sounds of mulchers, mowers, hedge trimmers, and loud music could be heard, as people went about getting their yard work done while the sun shone. Down the street, a 'Terrible Twos' youngster was having a total meltdown. My heart went out to the lovely young couple locked up with that for four weeks.

After lunch the wind started to pick up, so I moved inside to watch the 1 o'clock news.Then the mid-afternoon video chat with Mum in Aussie. I decided to push through on the knitting, and settled in to binge watch the Indiana Jones movies to keep me going.
At this point in the baby blanket, there are over 600 stitches on the needles, so every row is a marathon, and every 4-row repeat of the lace pattern deserves a medal - or at very least, a cup of tea. A couple weeks back, I had almost finished the feather-and-fan section when I realized there wasn't going to be enough yarn, and I couldn't order any more. I had some of the same yarn in other colours stashed away for a jumper, so made the painful decision to tear a huge section back, and insert a wide maroon stripe, to ensure that there would be enough of the grey to do the edging. There were only two repeats of the maroon to go, then two repeats of the grey, and I would finally be able to start the edging. I was hoping to get those last two maroon repeats out tonight, but I didn't quite manage to complete the second one. Never mind.

Earlier in the day, once the air temperature rose above 16C, I put a clear acrylic spray coat on two inkjet prints I am planning to use in the altered book. Tomorrow I will take a break from knitting, and get into the altered book.

Goodnight all. Stay well and stay safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment